Prep Time:10 m Cook Time:15 m
Broccoli Florets - 1/2 cup
Cauliflower Florets - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1(sliced)
Green Chilli - 3
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Tomato - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds - to splutter
Curry Leaves - a sprig
Gram Dal Powder - 1 tblsp heaped (powdered pottu kadalai)
Salt - as needed
- Place the florets in a pan of salted boiling water for five to eight minutes.Drain the water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds,cumin seeds,add curry leaves,onion,little salt and saute.
- Add tomatoes and turmeric powder.Saute this for a while till tomatoes are mushy,then add required water and salt.
- Now mix gram dal powder(powdered pottu kadalai) in water without any lumps and add it to the pan.Let this cook for five minutes and then add the florets chopped into bite sizes into the gravy.Cook for further three minutes and serve with chappathi.
- Any one of the veggies can also be used.
- A quick and easy recipe and it goes well with dosa,poori,chappathi...